cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

donna-b

I'm New & would like some words of encouragement & to no stories like mine.

This is the very first time ever that I have ever been in a chat room, I'm really nervous. (Weird?) But I do no to end a very strong addiction is very hard. I no that this is something I cannot do on my own. I had cancer a few years ago & stopped smoking for awhile. There were times when I wish I had a support group, a sponsor, anything. Finally I couldn't take it anymore & gave up. So any help would greatly be appreciated. (I am the worst speller) I am 35yrs old & a mother of 3.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ellen3

I've only just joined this but when you click around there are some really good tips...the "wait ten minutes" before you light up is a good one for pre-quit readiness...it lets you see for yourself that not lighting up the minute you have the urge is OK..
0 Kudos
melissa9

Hello Donna! I am Melissa 33 until June 9 so we are not far apart in age. I have 2 kids. You can talk to me if you want. I have been quit for 1 Week, 15 hours, 32 minutes and 53 seconds (7 days). I have saved $57.35 by not smoking 229 cigarettes. I have saved 19 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/22/2008 8:00 PM.
0 Kudos

I'm 33 and a mother of 2. I was just diagnosed with Tumors in my brain and one on my Thyroid. I'm scared shitless and you would think that would be enough to make me quit. I'm trying really hard. I have the patch which seems to do ok but I still find "Triggers" that don't seem to go away. My husband is still smoking but he isn't home right now. He comes home next week. I have had two cigs in the last two days. I needed help from somewhere and came here. I'm going to try to exercise and see if that helps. Throw myself into some other addiction and hopefully help myself. What have you been trying? What seems to help you?
0 Kudos
laura63

Hi-- I am new to chatting as well. I think this kind of support will be great!
0 Kudos