cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

3 days 12 hours and 5 minutes, but who's counting.

So this is 3 1/2 days plus a few hours. I have just had a really screwed up sleep schedule. For some reason I have been going home from work, going to sleep by 8pm, and waking up consistantly at 3:00 in the morning. Rinse and repeat. This is starting to suck. Although I am not thinking about smokes as much this morning at 3am it was rough. Took the dog for a run at 4am and still couldn't go back to sleep. So, 10:35 tonight is 4 days total. This will be my first weekend away from work being a non-smoker.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
melissa9

good luck! We are all here for ya.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Way to go, Tex. We're counting!! No celebration is too small or too big. You've just about gotten all of the toxins out of your system. It is understandable that your sleep cycles are all messed up - that's your body doing its thing and adjusting and preparing for the healthier you. When I first quit, I was either sleeping more than a baby or up walking the floors all night. I'm just glad to hear you are hanging onto your quit and not letting the nicodemon convince you to start back up. Hang in there. It will get better. Promise 🙂

Photobucket
0 Kudos

Thanks for the support, and yeah I am hanging in there. I started thinking last night. I've been to 27 foreign countries, 6 combat zones, am headed for a 7th tour this winter. I have hiked at 10,000 ft elevation with a weapon and 140 pounds on my back. I have jumped out of helicopters attached by nothing more than my grip and a little rope. I have been out gunned 40 to one and won the day. The definition of second place is "the first ones to know you lost." Why? PMA is what they teach in certain schools, Positive Mental Attitude. It's more important than anything else you can have at your disposal. Although I have found close air support and artillary very helpful, I thought back and it was always me saying not today, today is not the day you make me lose.

I guess I finally got my mind around the fact that today is not the day I lose this fight.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Good for you!! Compared to what all you've done and been through, this should be a cake walk, but I know its not. With your "Positive Mental Attitude" you'll do just fine. So, watch out nicodemon, here comes Tex

CHARGE!!! Photobucket
0 Kudos