2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 cloves garlic
2 pounds flank steak
Salt and freshly ground pepper

FOR THE PARSLEY SAUCE:
Olive oil
5 cloves garlic peeled -- thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic -- chopped
2 shallots -- coarsely chopped (or scallions or onion)
1 carrot -- chopped
1 stalk celery -- chopped
1 cup red wine
4 cups chicken and/or beef stock
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 roasted red and/or yellow peppers -- diced
1 Spanish onion sliced and grilled -- diced (we usually use Vidalia sweet onions)

FOR THE STEAK:

Combine the olive oil and garlic in a large shallow baking dish. Add the flank steak and turn to coat on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Heat the grill to high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium to medium-rare doneness. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing on the diagonal across the grain.

FOR THE SAUCE::

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and saute until lightly golden brown like a potato chip. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool.

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallot, remaining chopped garlic, carrots and celery and cook until softened. Add wine and reduce by half. Add stock and cook until reduced by half. Strain the mixture into a clean medium saucepan. Sauce consistency can be somewhat thin and brothlike. It thickens when roasted veggies are added.

Grill or roast onion slices and red bell peppers. I roast them on grill before the flank steak. Cool and coarsely chop.

Chop parsley and toasted garlic chips.

Add the toasted garlic, parsley, peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and spoon over the steak.

Note: A simple version of the topping is just grilled vidalia onion, red bell peppers, chopped and tossed with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jennie3

This looks really good I luv steak I'll try this soon!
0 Kudos
david-hibling

MMMM yep set a place!!!
0 Kudos
butterflybp2

This sounds really good. Hubby love to grill. I think grilled food taste the best. Hmmmmm, I wonder if it is 'cuz I am not a big fan of cooking. LOL
0 Kudos