cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

becca6

Not too sure...gonna give it a shot

I've only been smoking a few years. But i have a 2 yr old and a 7 month old now that dont need this in their lives. I've quit with both pregnancies, but started back up soon after. The thought of not smoking actually scares me. Glad i found this site.

Bec
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
tracey

I totally agree with you
I am very scared to stop smoking and that is what has hindered me in the past
0 Kudos
becca6

seriously. ive never been so dependant on somthing.
0 Kudos
amber6

I was the same way. Completely terrified of giving up something that is like a best friend when my son was running around wild and finally took a nap. But I bought the patch and have been cig free for 43 hrs. Its amazing I sleep so much better with the patch. its work but its so worth it.
0 Kudos
heather30

Hi-

I feel the same way. I have a 3 year old and he is becoming more aware of mommy smoking. I'm worried if I don't stop he will think smoking is ok at a very young age. I understand your fear - it gives me anxiety just thinking about not having that smoke to turn to when I have anxiety 🙂 I've set my quit date and I'm going to use Chantix this time around so I've set that date for 2 weeks before my quit date. I've tried several times to quit and I know it takes a couple of times to get it right. I'm right there with you for support any time you need it.
0 Kudos
kristy7

I know exactly what you mean! I am terrified but my quit date is Monday june 1st so i guess I'll find out how brave i really am!
0 Kudos
darlene-roe

I'm also petrified just to try to quit...I don't know why. I feel like I know I'm going to be depressed immediately, like I'm losing an important part of my life. I guess we have to think about what we're gaining, not losing, as the benefits of quitting are numerous. I'm a nurse so I see the affects of smoking on the body. You'd think seeing these things would make me want to quit immediately, but that just goes to show you how much smoking controls our minds and our bodies.

Do you have a start date yet? I was thinking about setting a date and then just going for it. I don't know if I can put it off any longer.
0 Kudos
jessica42

heyy i hear you, my daughter just turned 1 and its another year of smoking to my life, i stopped the entire pregnancy!! Whyd i start again?! Stress kills me, phone calls, social situations. Just too much bordum scares me
0 Kudos