cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amy31

Hi all

I just joined the Ex community. I've smoked off and on for probably almost ten years - eek. I quit smoking when we were trying to have our first baby, and remained smoke-free the entire time I was pregnant - almost two years, probably. Now my son is 8 months old and I've picked up the habit again within the last month. It surprises me how quickly I ended up addicted again. I thought I was just smoking here & there, and it wouldn't be any big deal to stop again... until I ran out and HAD to buy another pack... and another, and another. I only smoke 5-10 cigarettes a day, but I don't want my son to grow up knowing that I smoked, and my husband hates me smoking. I've done it before and it's time to do it again. I picked up some gum at the store tonight, and we'll see if that helps the bad cravings when I'm really stressed out. I think I have about ten smokes left in the pack I have now, and I don't want to buy any more when they run out. So hello to all of you, and here we go...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
katie31

Our stories are so similar! I quit when I was pregnant with my daughter (who is now 6) but I started back right after she was born. My husband doesn't smoke and hates the fact that I do, too. We can do this, first for ourselves, our kids and our husbands. Take care and stay strong!
0 Kudos
amy31

Thanks for your reply! I'm down to about 5 left in the pack I have and am debating buying any more. It's amazing how running low can make me feel so panicky. I'm not sure yet what to do...
0 Kudos
limabean79

OMG....my story is similiar.

I could go days in between and not smoke. The most I would smoke is at work..I work at a salon. Then I started smoking at home. About the amount you do. Then mom died on July 7th...and I would smoke a day up until my quit date of Aug 23. Im on Chantix and it really works. Its expensive but once you figure up how much you spend on sniggys then it is worth it.

I got so tired of my oldest who is 6.5 ask why I smoke and its bad for me. Then my hubby would complain Id stink. Especially if I would come to bed smelling like smoke.

I just felt nasty.

Like you I was always finding an excuse to smoke.

Now...I play Sudoko. lol When I get the urge IF I have one..or get stressed I do one of those. lol
0 Kudos