ali

Why I quit

Discussion created by ali on Jul 6, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2008 by meka
As much as I hate to admit it, It wasn't the money nor the health benefits, nor the bad smell, nor the fact that I want to be around for my daughter's graduation, wedding, grandchildren etc. All those are very big motivators. My motivation was PAIN! I have an herniated disk in my back, which is pinching my sciatic nerve. I have tried everything but nothing has eased the pain. So, I have an appointment to speak with a surgeon on the 11th with a surgeon. I've been told that most surgeon's won't do surgery on smokers - the surgery has a significantly less chance of being successful and the recovery time is increased significantly. So my motivation is having surgery. Once that is done and I've healed - then I will have to use all those reasons I listed above to remain a non-smoker.

I have been quit for 1 Week, 4 Days, 15 hours, 43 minutes and 14 seconds (11 days). I have saved $27.97 by not smoking 174 cigarettes. I have saved 14 hours and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/24/2008 9:36 PM

Outcomes