cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

ali

Day Two - WOO HOO

Hello All. Thanks for the encouragement. Day Two seemed a bit more difficult. Not sure why - I wasn't as busy I guess. Today everyone from work went on a "consultation drive" (aka smoke drive - we can't smoke on the grounds) and that was probably why it was so difficult. I stayed a talked to some people and it helps. I continue to do the thought stopping with the rubber band; toothpicks (which I placed on the table by the door where I kept my smokes); sunflower seeds. When I was really craving - I added up how much money I was saving - just in gas by not driving around 3-4 times a day. I also have a couple of my co-workers thinking about quitting and have given them this website. And we are starting a new educational group on smoke cessation and we will be noting this website as a source for support. As I tell my clients - I know that I am powerless over cigarettes and one is too many and a thousand is not enough!
Thanks!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
doreen1

Awesome attitude, Ali! The first week is called Hell Week - its tough spending the first 72 hours just trying to get rid of the toxins from your system. Sounds like you have some wonderful alternatives in place to help keep you smoke free. Keep up the good work - YOU ARE DOING THIS!!
Photobucket.....Photobucket
0 Kudos

Well Done, Well Said, Ali:

You Go Girl
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

I loved the last sentance! How true! Good job, keep it up! I'm on day 3. I've drank so much water my teeth are floating! There's nothing to it but to do it.....
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos