cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amy-withers

SUPPORT

I am 43 years old and have smoked on and off since I was 13. For the last 12 years I smoked regularly. I found this site about a month ago and the TV and started the program. My quit date was today. It went pretty well, no early morning cravings. I read Allen Carr's Book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" and I STRONGLY recommend you read it before you quit. It is a very different look at smoking and the addition it is. Please read it and give it a chance.

Now back to "It is all about Me". Any good thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am SMOKE FREE! IT MUST STAY THAT WAY AND I BELIEVE IT WILL!!!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
glid51

Hi Amy,

My quit date was 9/27/08. I have been down this road before but it has been years since i have made a sincere commitment to quitting. As difficult as the first few weeks are, the benefits received in the long run are well woth the effort. I can use any support offered an in return I will be here to reciprocate.
0 Kudos
amy-withers

Thanks, Day 3 and am doing great. I know I have a long road ahead but with friends like you, I know I can do it.
0 Kudos
edith2

Amy, I love your new group. I believe that you will stay smoke-free too. You have set yourself up for success and I think that is a big factor for success. It takes alot of determination and motivation and a positive attitude. You have that and I support you in your efforts to support others.
0 Kudos