cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What feature is missing from EX?

You may be a part of another online community and have grown to like things on that community that you haven't seen here.  What is that feature that you would like to see here? Pick from the list below or add your own.  Then tell us more about what you like about it and how you envision it being part of BecomeAnEX.

-Mention another user
-Micro blogging
-Quoting other's comments
-Live Text/Video Chats
-Reply by Email
-Wikis
-Polls
-Photo Albums

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
Giulia

Live Text/Video Chats

Polls

I'm not a member of any other on-line communities, so I don't know what THEY do,  but I'd love to see a group chat or a group Skpe type of thing.  Even a one-on-one chat would be cool.  The bonfires would be really great if we could see it each other.

Polls sound like a very interesting idea.  As long as we got to see the results.  Like:  How much time do you spend reading within the support community on this site?  30 minutes or less, 1 hour or more..... etc.  Have you used an NRT?  Did you find it helpful?  Did you quit Cold Turkey?  If you had to choose between Cold Turkey and an NRT, which would you choose?  A or B.  How many times have you tried to quit?  What's your greatest fear about quitting?  Which kind of support do you enjoy the most - gentle pats, tough love, a combo of each?    .... the list could go on and on....

SPELL CHECK!!!  Oh please.  Would save us so much time deleting and self correcting and restoring blogs.

Thanks for asking!

0 Kudos

I am not a member of any other site.  This like and high 5 prop.  It doesn't let you know who liked what when.. 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I agree with what Giulia said. I would like to see text/video chat. Another one would be to post personal milestones via another website ie. facebook or any of the other social networks. 

0 Kudos
SarahP

Would love to be able to send personal messages to more than one person! More like a true email, but still within the site. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Regarding Sarah's message above: on the old ning platform we used to be able to click on specific "friends" boxes and send messages across to all of them at once.  So that we didn't have to go to each person's page individually to say Happy Monday or thank you or  whatever.  Saves a LOT of time.  And time, as we know on here and in all areas of our lives, is very precious. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I think it would be nice if you comment on a person's blog and they comment back that you get notified that someone added something to that thread.  Chatting would be WONDERFUL!

0 Kudos
Legend

When BecomeAnEx was on Ning the original web site we had the ability in the groups to get notification on any blog or discussion and all of the comments on the comment page.  Each blog and discussion individually had at the bottom of each blog or discussion a place that we could click on to follow or unfollow. We could even follow a blog with notifications even if we did not comment on that blog. It sure was nice having that function with the notifications. When we came to the new web site we lost all of that and a lot of people left because the groups did not function like we wanted and when someone yelled help or just showed up after 6 months and said anything in our groups in a blog or the comment section only the person that created the group would get notification and so the groups are not so active as they were on the original BecomeAnEx web site.

We also had on the Ning site on the main page all blogs had that same notification function on each individual blog to follow or unfollow even if you did not comment on that blog. That was the nicest feature that I do miss the most.

It would also be nice to have somewhere a list of most popular groups so that group is not buried back so far in the list people stop joining. I think the pledge group should be one of the most popular groups displayed somewhere easy to find maybe somewhere off to the right of the main page.

On the old Ning site we could also with ease post a video not just the link on any blog or group blog or discussion and that was nice. For example I have on my page those videos you can see the video on my page without leaving this site. When we have bonfire it is nice to be able to stay on this site and listen to a video and still be able to scroll down the page and read comments at the same time without having to go to YouTube when we follow a link. Right now I have to have a window open to watch one of the video’s and one window to read the comments on the bonfire and that was nice on the old site being able to just put the video on this web site and stay on this web site.  We had so much fun posting videos on bonfires or any blog or discussion but now we can’t.

0 Kudos
Legend

If you look at the popular groups listed at this place some are not even active anymore and the person that created it they are not here anymore to monitor the group. 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Re: Legends comment..we have alot of new ones that create groups to get their badge and some of them, never return to the site.

I am going to add in some other things that i was thinking about as well.

I do wish that what we say on Ex stays on Ex. For example, blogs, message boards etc never be made to the public unless they create an account. Sometimes we have ones that might give a little more information that the public don't need to know about especially when it's personal struggles.

i do wish also that we can see when a user logged in last. It helps aid some of us that have spreadsheets for different functions.

0 Kudos