cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is the community's most important feature?

What is the community's most important feature to you? If the community changed a

Pick from the list or add your own and then tell us why.

-Message Boards
-Private Messages
-Blog Posts
-Groups
-Forums
-User Profiles
-Customization(Changing wallpaper, choosing widgets)

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShawnP

Well i would have a few but to narrow it down to the most important would be Blog Posts. It's a great way for those to encourage others through their personal journey. Also, its available for those to call for help when they are experiencing a bad day or to celebrate milestons ie. Freedom Train. Blogs is essential for the new site.

0 Kudos
SarahP

People get lost in the Groups, and don't get the support they need. Right or wrong, the way this community functions best is in the Blogs. That can get unwieldy though, as the community gets bigger. I already see too many blogs with only 1 or 2 comments, because they get buried beneath newer blogs too quickly. Not sure what the right answer is... 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shawn

Thanks! I see blogs as essential as well.

@Sarah-

Yes groups in the current community are very challenging to use and especially with how flaky the notification system can be I can see how the utility is lost. Fortunately other Community Platforms are much better in this regard. 

Good point about the blogs getting unwielding as the site gets bigger. This is where the presence of a more effective Groups capability may help maintain the closeknit atmosphere that the site has today.

Sorry for the delay in my reply.  Notifications didn't let me know there were comments.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Without a doubt the blogs people write imo are the best feature on any site . It was always a go to place for my quit.  It will take again some getting used to a new site . I hope I can soon .  Where are the newcomers that need help quitting that's where I want to be .  

No idea where this message will land up either lol hope in the right place . 

0 Kudos

I would have to say "Blog posts." That seems to be where people go when they just want to add a message or for people needing help in their quit.

Terry😎

0 Kudos