cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shelly9

Trying to get up the courage to stop.

It feels like a crutch. Bad day at work, a smoke will help! Bad talk with a family member/friend, a smoke will help! Stressed from all kinds of paper work? A smoke will help! That seems to be my mindset. I'm working on the family and friends one, taking a step back before I actually get to the point of the "I need a smoke" point. I know i cant change my job, and I cant change the amount of paper work i have to do. So i need something else. Gum isn't helping, going out for a walk cuts the urge for a while. But i just can't take that last step to throw out any lighters/ash trays, anything cig wise. I'm sort of iffy on the whole pill/patch thing. I've heard some give you crazy nightmares. Does anyone have any tips? Anything you've done to sort of help? *besides water, i drink a lot of water everyday anyways lol* Thank you for any support/help!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
danielle29

Maybe try cough drops or peppermints. That helped me when I was having one of those awful cravings. Also try working out. That takes your mind off of it. Than when you are done you will be so out of breath you won't want a smoke. I have now been smoke free for almost four months now. I used to do the same thing whenever anything was difficult I would smoke. Life is difficult so we just have to learn how to deal with our problems in a different way. It is not easy but it is worth it. Good luck to you and I hope that you succeed.
0 Kudos