cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Celebrate the Holidays and celebrate your quit by protecting it!

December, here we are! Time flies, doesn't it? There are a lot of things going on this month, that may cause stress/ anxiety. Lot's of family, friends presents to buy and not much money to buy them with. Remember that those things are going to be there whether we smoke or not! Smoking helps nothing and creates more stress! So, please, remember to get your butt in here to pledge and so will I, so we can lift each other up and strengthen our commitments!

Let's begin with Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, celebrated on December 7th.

1. National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day   

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day is observed annually in the United States on December 7, to remember and honor the 2,403 citizens of the United States who were killed in the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7, 1941.    

en.wikipedia.org      · Text under CC-BY-SA license    

December 21rst is the first day of winter, get your hats, gloves, and scarves out and ready to go!

December 25th is Christmas Day! The day we celebrate our savior! and Santa and get/give presents! I only do for Brandy and my youngest daughter, Sarah. I send homemade greeting cards with a picture of Brandy and I on them to family and close friends. I buy small things at the dollar tree for my AA friends and usually pass some out to homeless too. In past years I have also volunteered to help serve the meal down at the Salvation Army. What do you do during the Holidays? Stay busy! NO SMOKING REQUIRED!

Also on December 25th  is the first day of Hanukkah!

Hanukkah

Holiday    

Hanukkah     

Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt against the Seleucid Empire. Hanukkah is observed for eight nights and days, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, which may occur at any time from late November to late December in the Gregorian calendar. It is also known as the Festival of Lights and the Feast of Dedication.      

en.wikipedia.org        · Text under CC-BY-SA license      

•          

Wikipedia
    •        

Kwanzaa begins December 26th. Happy Kwanzaa!

Kwanzaa

Kwanzaa is a week-long celebration held in the United States and in other nations of the Western African diaspora in the Americas. The celebration honors African heritage in African-American culture and is observed from December 26 to January 1, culminating in a feast and gift-giving.      

Kwanzaa has seven core principles. It was created by Maulana Karenga and was first celebrated in 1966–67.        

en.wikipedia.org             · Text under CC-BY-SA license          

Wikipedia

The Nguzo Saba  
(The Seven Principles)
Dr. Maulana Karenga

Nguzo Saba symbol for the seven principles of Kwanzaa Kwanzaa was created to introduce and reinforce seven basic values of African culture which contribute to building and reinforcing family, community and culture among African American people as well as Africans throughout the world African community. These values are called the Nguzo Saba which in Swahili means the Seven Principles. Developed by Dr. Karenga, the Nguzo Saba stand at the heart of the origin and meaning of Kwanzaa, for it is these values which are not only the building blocks for the community but also serve to reinforce and enhance them.

Last but not least, December 31rst is New Year's Eve. and at 12:01 we will be starting 2017!

Ready, set, pledge!

My name is Terrie and I have 513 days smoke-free! I pledge not to smoke this day and I am reaching my free hand out to the next person that wants to pledge!

Happy December! Don't Quit on your Quit! ~Terrie~

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
313 Replies
shashort

Wow great December page Terrie.  Thank you for offering your free hand and I glad take your strong and to hold and pledge not to smoke no mater what!! I offer my hand to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon 201 DOF

0 Kudos
MePlus3

December 22 my birthday yay!! I take your hand Sharon and pledge not to smoke today no matter what and I extend my free hand to the next in line.... Kimberly 69 DOF
0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Terrie another Amazing pledge page... thank you!!

Kimberly!! My birthday is the 21st!!  We will be celebrating another year and a smoke free life on our bdays. It's a pleasure to take your hand and pledge with you. No smoking no way no how.

my free hand to next in line

cindy 242 DOF 

yes I can ... already did 242 days

0 Kudos

Great job Terrie!

Cindi, I gladly take your hand and join you in taking that pledge, no smoking, no way, no how today! I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Maureen 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Great December display Terrie, thanks for all that you do.  Maureen, I proudly take your hand and pledge not to smoke this day and forever more.  I extend my hand to the next person offering strength and support. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning, Lady Jackie.  What a delightful display Terrie has put on for the first day of December.  I am proud to take your hand today as I pledge not to smoke, no matter what.  I offer my other hand to the next person who would like to pledge.

Ellen 1047 DOF

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Good morning everyone , what a great place to come which is all decked out for the holidays and our Freedom so I will gladly take your hand Ellen and pledge not to smoke no matter what is happening in life and here's my free hand to the next person in line . 

Marilyn 871 DOF 

0 Kudos
c2q

Thank you Terrie for the great December pledge place. It's magical. Thank you for your smoke-free hand Marilyn and for your company as we pledge to not smoke today no matter what. Here is my hand for the next to join.

Pati

0 Kudos
vanlil

Wow Terri  Beautiful Dec.pledge page.  I pledge not to smoke today (thanks for your hand Pati) and putting out my free hand to the next person in line.

Lillian 166 smoke free

0 Kudos