cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

September, Be serious about your quit, say N.O,P,E and make a daily pledge

Hello, Everyone! Happy September!

I hope everyone is ready for Cindiboo's 30-day pledge challenge. She's pretty serious about this and told me I better have a great pledge page together. haha! So, get ready, get set, get serious about your Quit in September! Make a pledge and say N.O.P.E.

First, we have Labor Day, September 5th.

Image result for labor day       Image result for labor day       Image result for labor day       Image result for labor day       Image result for labor day     

Labor Day

Holiday

Labor Day in the United States is a public holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of the country. It is the Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend and it is considered the unofficial end of summer.

en.wikipedia.org        · Text under CC-BY-SA license     

September 11th is Grandparents Day.

National Grandparents Day

National Grandparents Day

National Grandparents Day is a secular holiday celebrated in the United States since 1978 and officially recognized in a number of countries on various days of the year, either as one holiday or sometimes as a separate Grandmothers' Day and Grandfathers' Day. One celebrates both paternal and maternal grandparents.

en.wikipedia.org         · Text under CC-BY-SA license      

Also on September 11th, we have National September 11th Memorial and Museum, dedicated to all the lives lost and/or affected by attacks made on America on September 11th, 2001.

Image result for september 11 memorial & museumImage result for september 11 memorial & museumImage result for september 11 memorial & museumImage result for september 11 memorial & museumImage result for september 11 memorial & museumImage result for september 11 memorial & museum

National September 11 Memorial & Museum

The National September 11 Memorial & Museum are the principal memorial and museum, respectively. They commemorate September 11, 2001, attacks, which killed 2,977 victims, and the World Trade Center bombing of 1993, which killed six. The memorial is located at the World Trade Center site, the former location of the Twin Towers, which were destroyed during the September 11 attacks. It is operated by a non-profit corporation whose mission is to raise funds for, program, own, and operate the memorial and museum at the World Trade Center site.

en.wikipedia.org        · Text under CC-BY-SA license     

Patriot Day     

Patriot Day        

In the United States, Patriot Day, observed as the National Day of Service and Remembrance, occurs on September 11 of each year in memory of the 2,977 people killed in the 2001 September 11 attacks.       

In the immediate aftermath of the attacks, President George W. Bush proclaimed Friday, September 14, 2001, as a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001.       

The first day of Autumn is on September 22nd.

Say N.O.P.E. in September. Be serious about your Quit.  Terrie  423 DOF

Don't Quit on your Quit!

I am extending my hand to whoever wants to take it and make a pledge to be free!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
373 Replies
shashort

Hi Terrie! Awesome September page!! Woot! I am ready for the Cindiboo pledge challenge.  Yes mam I am serious saying NOPE!!  Thank you Terrie for offering your strong hand and gladly hold on and pledge not to smoke today no matter what!!  Hmm does this count as September even though It is still officially the 31st lol.  I offer my free hand to the next person in line to take the pledge.

Sharon 110 DOF

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

And the Challenge Begins!! Perfect September pledge Page TERRIE!!

Serious in September for NOPE !!! 

Sharon allow me to take your hand and Seriously pledge to commit to not one puff ever, not one today, not one tomorrow and stand firm on that commitment as I hold on to your and and Who has mine?!!!

Yes I Can ... I already did 150!!! DOF

cindy

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Hello!  It's 12:10 AM and this is the earliest I've ever pledged.

I, too, am ready for the Cindiboo Challenge.

Cindy, thanks for your han.  I pledge not to smoke during Day 1 of Challenge.  I also offer my hand to the next person i line.

Victoria 84 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Hello!  It's 12:10 AM and this is the earliest I've ever pledged.

I, too, am ready for the Cindiboo Challenge.

Cindy, thanks for your han.  I pledge not to smoke during Day 1 of Challenge.  I also offer my hand to the next person i line.

Victoria 84 DOF

0 Kudos
Giulia

Lovely September Pledge, Terrie.

September is no different than August or October when it comes to your quit commitment.  Great blog cindy!  I gratefully take your smoke-free hand and promise as I have now to myself quietly, enforcedly, sometimes with consternation, sometimes not really wanting to, but making that pledge nonetheless as we all have through thick or thin - to remain true to our commitment.

it took me a LONG time to get to the point where I said, I'm GLAD I made this commitment.  Hope you all get there too.  It's a wondeful release.

I will not smoke this day - no how - no way.  And here's my hand on it.... with much love... 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Mine posted right after Victoria's I see now.  So Victoria - I've got your hand too with your wonderful 84 days of freedom!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Awesome Awesome September Pledge Terrie.  The right person has this job.  EXcellent Giulia I take your hand and pledge not to smoke this day and every day and I extend my hand to the next person.

0 Kudos
MePlus3

Good morning Jackie I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what! I extend my hand to the next person in line Kimberly 17 DOF
0 Kudos
jonilou

Lovely page, Terrie! Great job! I take Jackie's hand and pledge I will not smoke this day, no matter what the day may bring, smoking is not an option. I extend my hand to the next person.

0 Kudos