cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Amy11

Dreams & Insomnia

This is the 2nd time I'm trying Chantix and last time I had very vivid dreams. This time, I am have lots of less vivid dreams but I've also been waking up early in the morning and can't go back to sleep the last 2 nights. I have been taking 1/2 a dose, 2 times a day to try and curb the side effects. Is anyone else having this problem? Today I feel a lot better than yesterday because I was so tired, I crashed when I came home from work last night but I woke up early again today. I hope this evens out and I hope that others will tell me it gets better!

Otherwise I feel really clear headed today and not craving anything. This is definitely good and I will continue with Chantix this time as long as I can feel this good. I really feel very clearn headed, I can even see better this morning! I think this is the effect of no cigs!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
soaplady

I don't know if it gets better because it's still happening to me. I'm your basic couch potato so I hate to tell you this, but I had the same thing happen and the only thing that seemed to help me was exercise. The days I've done a lot more than usual physically (I spent four hours mowing and weed whacking the yard one day, for example) I slept straight through, but on the days with my normal, pretty sedentary activity levels I continue to wake up in the middle of the night, unable to go back to sleep.

I hate just exercising, so I think there is a lot more yard work, floor scrubbing, etc. in my future until this goes away (assuming it does). Right now physical labor seems less distasteful than not being able to sleep.
0 Kudos
Amy11

I exercise moderately every other day so maybe I need to up the anty so that I can sleep like a rock. Wine last night helped me get through most of the night but 4:30am hit and I was restless and dreaming, 6:30am hit and I didn't need an alarm clock this morning!
0 Kudos
babs77

Amy, I'm starting to have problems with sleeping as well. Most nights, I fall asleep okay but wake up in the early morning and can't get back to sleep. And I am someone who certainly doesn't NEED any help having insomnia! I do fine in that category just fine on my own, thank you very much 😃
I recently cut my dosage in half as well but it doesn't seem to have made much difference yet. Hoping it's just taking a few days for the lower dosage to kick in.
One thing I won't allow myself to do is to go to bed too early. I have noticed, as soaplady mentions, that on days I stay more active I do seem to be sleeping better.
As for wine helping you sleep, I personally have been staying away from alcohol pretty much full-time. Alcohol, though it may SEEM is helping you sleep at least through part of the night, really is more disruptive to your sleep. It also makes me crave cigs so it's on my "only do it rarely" list for now!
0 Kudos
Amy11

I am still waking up early! This morning I forced myself to sleep at least 1 more hour! Then I had crazy dreams! They were happy dreams but crazy. This morning I was tired but I don't have time to be tired so I'm psyching myself out of it and letting adrenaline carry me through! I'm sure I'll crash later today though! I haven't had the urge to smoke in a few days now, it's great! I feel so much better and I've stopped smelling like it! Someone yesteday remarked that I smell good! I want to smell good so this is good! I can't have urges because my boyfriend smokes and since he's beens smoking at night, I'll try to keep busy talking, coming home late, and going to bed, playing with my dogs, on the computer, anything to keep me thinking its 'ok' to have one! chantix is really the praise for this, though. I'm glad I"m on it. I'll try to exercise tomorrow and keep busy all day, now that I have more energy it won't be hard to find the motivation. The early waking, weird dreams are the only bad side effects I'm finding right now.I'm not increasing my dosage because this is when things get worse! Thanks for all thea advice everyone! I'm glad to hear everyone's doing well!
0 Kudos