cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Stay Active in August, it may just save your quit!

Hello Everyone,

I usually have Holidays to post about and catchy phrases. Well, I have racked my brains and checked my calendars, there are a few minor celebrations but nothing major. 

August is still a month where we can swim and be outside. Avoid the real hot and humid days as much as you can, but stay active (busy) as much as possible. It just may save your quit. Many of us complain about the weight we gain when we quit smoking. Staying busy not only can smash a crave but can help keep the weight off!

If any of you have a special day, holiday, event or celebration feel free to shout it out!

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping keep this group active and lifting each other up with your pledges. In July, we had 6 pages of pledges and an average of 9 pledges per day.

Commit/stay committed to your quit! Please join us in the Daily Pledge and keep you commitment strong.

Terrie

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Taking your dog for a walk early in the morning or after the sun goes down is a great way to stay active.

Or swimming a few laps is a great activity. (Can't smoke when you are wet and great exercise)!

Never hurts to find a shady spot to get out of the heat!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
293 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hello!

I pledge not to smoke and I offer my free hand to the next person wanting to commit to staying quit!

Terrie 392 DOF

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Let me be the first to pledge on your ACTIVE IN AUGUST!! It's perfect!! So allow me to take your hand and pledge to not smoke the next 24 hours!! My Active August may include ..... Smoke free canoeing. I extend my hand to the next Active Pledger!!

yes I can and 119 days so far ....120 tomorrow !!

cindy

0 Kudos
Giulia

Got both your hands and offer my third (HA) to the next quitter in line!  I WILL NOT SMOKE today.  (Nor tomorrow for that matter!)  Here's my hand on it....

0 Kudos
shashort

Hi Cindy and Terri hope Sunday treated you both well.

Yay I made it 3rd on the new August pledge.  Thank you Cindy for offering me your strong hand to hold and gladly take it and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours no matter what!!  Congratulations on almost 120 days yay!!  I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon 79 DOF for 20 mins then Big 80 tomorrow woot!!

0 Kudos
shashort

Haha dang Giulia beat me to posting. lol I guess that makes me 4th  HI Terri, Cindy and Giulia. What the heck make a 4 person strong circle. 🙂

Thankyou very much Giulia for offering your free hand and gladly take your strong hand to hold and pledge not to smoke today no matter what!!  I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon 79 DOF

0 Kudos
plug66

always following you sharon, i take your hand and offer my free one

0 Kudos
PennyLynn7407

Happy Monday!

Hi plug 66, I gladly take your hand, as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person in line to pledge. Who will it be???

Penny- almost 100 DOF (at 11:55 am today)!!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning Penny I take your hand and extend mine and pledge not to smoke.  555 days of freedom. 

0 Kudos
KMC56

Good morningJackie, I take your hand, and extend my hand to the next wonderful person in line to protect their precious quit.   100 DOF!

K

0 Kudos