cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

geniusray001

3 weeks and doing well

This is my three week aniversary. i have been using 2 methods. the gum and (hard to believe) online gaming. the gum give me nic but gaming relieves stress by letting me kill things. I;ll admit that I have had some weird dreams about cheating, but that just strengthens my resolve because i fear starting up again. I however have also been unemployed for the last 3 weeks. that makes it both difficult and easier.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rene

I too have hit my 3 week mark-I quit on October 1st. I use patches. I fear starting up again as well, but I keep telling my self-I made it too far to start back up. Relax, live one minute at a time. The urge will pass.
0 Kudos
chewie

There is a common theme here about replacing the addiction with another activity.  For me, it's spending time with my family instead of my compulsion to fiddle with my ipad.  I have redirected the excess energy to them and I hope it brings us closer together.

0 Kudos

Congratulations on your 3 week mark! I will hit 3 weeks tomorrow! I started off using chantix but quit that when i noticed myself feeling depressed and not knowing if it was the medication or withdrawing from nicotine,

and the medication was something I could change.  I saw a comment here that has really helped me a lot that goes something like, "I don't ever want to have to go through day 1 again!" 

0 Kudos