cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mindy

Quitting tomorrow

Ok-I have made the decision to quit. I am petrified once again. I have tried to quit about 5 times. Just the thought of it is so scary to me. But I want to quit so bad-for my health, for my daughter and for myself. Please pray for me and I would love to heaqr from anyone with some thoughts on if they were scared also. Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jen40

Everyone is scared, and the first few days are the worst you can do it though. I need some help from the patch or the gum or something like that, maybe that would help you too.
0 Kudos
becky17

Mindy,
I am scared too. I want so bad to quit for my health and for my daughter also but it is so hard. I smoked the last cigarette I had about 2 hours ago and already I feel that craving, that tightness that seems to be relieved only by a cigarette. I was trying to understand what I am feeling and I think that I feel like I am losing a loved one. A close friend that I have leaned on and now will be out of my live. I am trying to tell myself that this is the kind of friend that my mother warned me about, one that if it is my friend who needs enemies. I will certainly pray for you and please pray for me.Thanks and good luck.
0 Kudos
renee3

I know how you feel (((((hugs)))) always remember one moment at a time.I have found I cant even think a few mins ahead. Juts this second. I will keep you in my prayers. And if we keep pushing a head we can do this.
0 Kudos
edith2

It is scary quitting and there's some grief in there too because you're giving up a "friend" you've had for a long time. With me it was all the ashtrays, the cigarette case, the cute little lighters I had and the crutch I had to grab when I was happy, sad, angry, having a conversation with a cup of coffee, just getting out of the shower, and driving my car. Well, what do I do with my hands now??? And what do I do when I get these emotions?!?!??! Well, now I have a little solitaire game I play when I'm bored. I always carry a bottle of ice water when I drive. When I feel emotions, I just have to deal with them now. But I rarely cough anymore. I'm not spending up to $180 a month for cigarettes. I don't stink. My apartment doesn't stink. Food tastes MUCH better. So I guess my suggestion is: find a better friend to replace this nasty one.
0 Kudos
angelquit

I think we're all scared at first, but once you start the quitting process it's not so bad. You'll actually start to feel beter physically and mentally. It's not so bad after all, it's a tough thing to do, but you'll do it. Stay focused, motivated and supported by become an EX. Angelquit - Free and Healing for Three Months, Thirteen Days, 17 Hours and 57 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days and 8 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2115 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $392.98.
0 Kudos