cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kris11

*I'm so tired*

Ok looking for some chantix advice - today is my first day of not having a ciggarette.......... grrrrrrr, my biggest problem though is not craving or really wanting but I am sooooooo sooooo tired. I had to leave work this morning because I could not keep my eyes open. Is this normal when you don't smoke. Does smoking really wake you up in the morning and get you going. I find that hard to believe but omg I feel like I have narcalepsy..... Any advice or similiar situation??????????????
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
teresa18

lol........i was actually just reading about this......and yes it can make you feel very very tired. your body is trying to recover from the addiction. i took it easy the first few days and just rested and stayed in my house. i am now on day 8 and it seems to be getting easier. just treat yourself kind and rest. i heard it helps to rest as much as you can the first week or so.
0 Kudos
kris11

omg thank you so much for getting back to me and letting me know that. i really thought something was wayyyyy wrong with me. you and i are just about one day apart. this is my 9th day. i started my first pack of blue pills yesterday but actually stopped smoking today. how many days has it been for you not smoking??????????
0 Kudos
teresa18

i have actually quit for 8 days...........but i didnt quit until the first day of week 4. it took me quite a while to quit......lol.
0 Kudos
diane24

Yeah,not smoking makes me really tired too. I have just developed insomnia for the first time in my life and I'm wondering if it's not from the Chantix-I'm on my 2nd round of it. But,it does help my cravings alot. Good luck to you.
0 Kudos
kris11

Thanks Diane - Glad to know it's not just me...... Hope all goes well for you. I'm on day number 5 and still going strong....... Let's see what happens!!!!!!!! Not ready to pat myself on the back just yet - maybe if I make it to a month then I MIGHT feel safe. Take care and good luck on your continued success.
0 Kudos
apryl2

Chantix can cause all sorts of side effects. It seems to enhance your regular issues. If you get tired quickly without chantix, it will kick your ass when your on it. If thats your only side effect though, thats not bad. Dont drive if your over tired. Dont confuse it with depression. Chantix can cause major emotional side effects. Good Luck ( I'm not a fan of the product.).
0 Kudos
rosa

I remember being really tired too at first. It's been six months now since I quit. I also got lots more energy shortly thereafter because I had no smoke in my hand keeping me from what I could be doing and distraction helps get you through a crave too. Oh yeah, I also enjoyed the vivid dreams. I've heard some people get scared of the dreams, but I actually looked forward to them like a movie! Best to you
0 Kudos
rosa

Good points, thanks. Chantix worked for me with just some vivid dreams that were pretty entertaining and now I'm still quit for 6 months now. I can see how it could cause some problems for people with issues of depression though. Did you quit? If so, for how long?
0 Kudos
lara

I am currently taking Chantix. I will start week 3 tommorow and have not smoked in 7 days. I have been more tired than usual. But over all I feel great after being cigerette free for 7 days. I have found that when I take my medication with food and drink plenty of water I feel better.
0 Kudos