cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michael19

Why to stop smoking

Lets list out the reason we should stop smoking, the reasons that don't have to do with us, but our little ones. I know one reason for me is so I can buy my son a powerwheel for xmas.....Every morning I wake up i do what i have to do because of my son, I'm sure if i put the emphasis on my son i can stop smoking too......We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
crystal29

Well, I am not sure how old your son is but I have 2 boys, 10 & 5. They teach them that it is a drug in school. So I had my kids hounding me a lot to quit. Then someone was talking at work about these kids that would come to school/daycare and just stink, pretty much cause they smell like smoke. I about wanted to hide when I thought of that, becuase even though I smelled it when other people would come in my office, I did not think about my kids smelling like it. My son wrote me a letter on why he wanted me to quit. The money helps as well, they do not see me stopping everyday getting a pack of marlboro lights in a box! Then I suppose you could think...... do you want to continue and your son think that its something cool cause daddy does it.....
0 Kudos
Sandi4

I have a 5 year old daughter who is my world. I want to see her graduate kindergarten and high school and drive her to college and cheer wildly when she goes on stage to get her degree. I want to dry her tears when that first boy breaks her heart. I want teach her to drive. I want to hear she and her friends in my kitchen, laughing and eating and planning a night out. I want to shop with her for her prom and wedding dresses. I want to meet my grandchild and tell him or her how my love for their Mommy saved my life.

Three days smoke free for Alee, my angel.
0 Kudos