cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

neat

This is going to be hard!

I'm really struggling with what to do and how to do it. I'm married to a smoker who doesn't want to quit. I only smoke when I'm at home with him or socializing. I don't know how to be in the same house with him, smell the smoke and not want to smoke myself. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
angie8

Does he want to quit to That is hard my husband dont smoke but when i quit before he told me to start again because i was so crabby ask him to smoke outside so you dont have to smell it and the house wont smell and be strong you can do it did you stop yet
0 Kudos
neat

That's another thing, how do I deal with mood swings? My quit date is July 7th and I'm scared to death. I haven't tried asking him to smoke outside but I will...wish me luck.
0 Kudos
neat

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I have soooooo much going on. My charter school is closing and I have so much stuff to do. I really don't need added stress while I'm trying to quit. But you hang in there, I 'm really happy for you. Keep me posted on how its going. My quit date is July 7th (I'm not sure why I picked this date maybe because it's after the 4th, I don't know, one last hoorah!). Anyway, you can do this. You know the old saying...If at first you don't succeed try try again. You WILL do it this time.
0 Kudos