cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angela6

Quitting sooner

Okay, so this morning as I wasted another $3.20 on a pack of cigarettes I thought to myself why set a date of January 12th to quit smoking, why not do it sooner. So in the morning I will throw away what cigarettes I have left out of this pack, clean out my car so it doesn't smell so bad, go to Cracker Barrel & buy peppermint sticks and do it my way. No more smoking, I would love to wear the perfume my husband got me for Christmas and it last longer then an hour (cause we all know once you smoke any good smelling stuff you put on fades away). The only way I can do it on the first day to keep myself busy and lord knows I have plenty to do at home. My daughter will be so excited!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
edith2

That's awesome! Good for you! You're making a great decision to start out the New Year! My kids were excited too when I quit. They never quit nagging me to quit when I smoked. Now they nag me about other things. hahahaha! Congradulations! There's lots of great people in this group who are more than willing to help and support you....and I'll be there for you too!
0 Kudos
terry12

Hi, Angela. I very much appreciated your thoughts about quitting sooner. My thinking had been turning in that direction also. I had set my quit date at January 7, 2009. But more and more I kept asking myself why wait longer. The thought of not having another puff grew and grew in my mind. The awesome support and encouragement on Become an Ex encouraged my strength to grow. And then I saw your comments. So yesterday I quit. It has been 26 hours now. Of course, that's not long by quit standards. But it's where I am now, and it feels good. I feel better and stronger and more positive that on any previous attempt I've made. Yes I can this time. And you can. Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
cindyd

hi been here before and started again but kept thinking about this sight and all the great support i had and wondered where i went wrong (you know us we can be pretty hard on ourselves) but the whole time i kept thinking about the posts and things i have read here and it really does make sense, you will feel better, smell better, and live better, so good luck and know we are all here to support you cindyd
0 Kudos
claudia2

My children, as well, were glad when I quit. An about the perfume...I even sprayed my hair because it smelt so bad.
Good for you and I hope you had success.
0 Kudos
claudia2

Terry.
How awesome for you! 26 hours turns into a day and so forth. People here really care and all are here to help. That helps the quit part to be so much easier with all the support.
Go luck to you and you quit!
0 Kudos