cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

becky15

Introduction

My name is Becky, I'm 31 and have smoked for 15 years. I've never had the will power to quit. I have 3 young children who tell me I'm going to die because I smoke. I hate hearing them say that because it's the truth. Anyways, I really like this website and all the information and help it has to offer. I'm more motivated than ever to quit smoking, I just hope I can get through it. Good luck to everyone else.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kim14

I'm Kim and have smoked for about 20 years. I have quit several times and I know this is going to be the last time, I am going to win this battle. I have three teenage children who hate my smoking, I mean they really hate it. I have quit in the past using Zyban, Chantix and cold turkey. I did not like Chantix at all, it made me sick to my stomach, dizzy and just plain bad. This time I am using the patch and their support system, become an ex support, and my teenage daughter (she doesn't know it yet) but she is going to be my rock. (My husband is a smoker, so he will not be too helpful). Good luck to you and everyone else. Here's to a healthier life style!
0 Kudos
tony5

If anything, you got to do it for your kids. They love you that much as hard as it is to realize it sometimes.
0 Kudos
carla2

Hi- I had the same experience with Chantix. It made me so nauseous and gave me some very weird dreams. I think I am going back to the patch this time. Cold turkey makes me psychotic! Good luck to you! I know your daughter will appreciate it.
0 Kudos