cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

skye

Another newbie...

good morning! I'm a 30 year old mother of two girls (2 and 9 months).I've been smoking since I was 17, with one *successful* attempt at quitting. I was smoke free for almost six months a few years ago. At that time, I used the patch. recently, I've tried the Commit losenge with minimal success. I would do great at work, but it's when I'm home that I find more triggers. I don't really smoke alot of cigarettes, I just smoke often. I take a couple of puffs, and put it out...back in 20 minutes, another couple of puffs, put it out, etc. I'm SO tired of it. I hate the smell, the time, the everything about it. I have made an appointment with my doc to discuss perhaps taking the wellbutrin (sp?) along with the patch. I think that the patch will be my best bet because of the constant dosage, rather than trying to "keep up" with the cravings using the losenge. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I see that there isn't much activity on here though, which I'm surprised as this seems like it will/can be a very reliable support system and logical plan for this tough road ahead.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sandy4

Everyone here would be happy to help you in anyway to may need!!
0 Kudos
keri3

Good luck! I just joined this group 2 days ago and it really has helped me a lot. When I am on my breaks at work, instead of going to have a smoke, I log in and get the inspiration to keep going. I have been smoking since I was 16 and I quit when I found out I was pregnant but started right back up. I am using the patch and it has worked so far. I'm on day 3 and no cravings yet. Please keep me posted on your progress! I am sending positive thoughts your way!
0 Kudos
trish3

Good luck to you! I also am a mom of 2 girls (7 and 3) in my thirties. Looking forward to my quit date of April 8th, but with apprehension and fear in addition to the excitement. Can't wait to tell my girls that I am a non-smoker. Have you set a date, or did you already quit?
0 Kudos
skye

I had set a quit date for april 1st, but jumped the gun and started Mach 20th with the patch. I work only on Fri, Sat, & Sun, and thought that would be a good time to get those first three days out of the way. I did relapse a bit though on Sat morning...there was a butt laying there on the bathroom counter and I lit it up, took one hit--tasted NASTY. haven't had one since. I even went to my dad's 50th birthday party with people smoking all around and I didn' t light up. I even had a beer. I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself for that hurdle. My husband has even quit (day 3 for him), so yesterday I was able to clean the bathroom (the only room we smoked in) and washed the ashtrays...It looks (and smells) so much nicer in there!

Pretzels rods and breathsavers are my new best friends. the pretzels are great for that having something in my hand habit, and the breathsavers are good for those quick urges...by the time I'm done with the mint, the urge is gone. So far, so good here!!!
0 Kudos
laura39

Glad to hear you are doing so well!!!
0 Kudos