cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lulu2

Day One (Again!)

Hi everyone. Today is my first day quitting cold turkey. It is going alright so far. The last several times I have tried to quit I used nicotine replacement or chantix and clearly it didn't work out. I would really appreciate any support or suggestions any of you can offer.

Thank You!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
lulu2

Thank you everyone for your support. I will keep you posted. 🙂
0 Kudos
monk

Hi lulu,
I would start by saying that like your name :).
I wound also congratulate you in trying to do it Cold Turkey way. Soon I think I will form a separate team for Cold Turkey and promote Cold Turkey aggresively among all people 😛 ( j/k).
Anyways, I hope you are not blaming yourself for trying to quit multiple times. I am sure you would learn from your past experiences.
As the website here says identify the trigger points and try to do an alternate activities during the trigger points. I would give you some example. The first two weeks I was on orange juice. Everytime I felt like smoking I used to sip on the bottle. I even went to New Orleans. Its like a smoker's paradise. The best or worst thing is you can even smoke in pubs. I was in continuous trigger point those days.
This days when my colleagues call me during some breaks I usually go along with them with green tea. Some peopel even suggest avoiding friends who smoke and drink first two weeks ( alochol is a big trigger). Worst of all smokers find trigger points everywhere. Post Lunch, before lunch, after a nice/productive office meeting , after a worse meeting,when you have lots of work , also when you don't have any work, when the weather is cloudy , when its sunny , when its rainining , and the list goes on and on. You just have to stop it. There is an interesting funny video someone posted it here. If i get hold of it I would send you the link again. Since you are doing cold turkey I would suggest reading this document http://whyquit.com/NTAP_large_print_212_pages.pdf. It says Never Take Another Puff. And soon you wud see suggestions pouring in. Hold your breath and stay with us in your new smoke free journey. Have Faith in You 🙂
0 Kudos
gail4

Hi Lulu! Congratulations! I too just quit today, about 40 minutes ago actually. I think a key is definitely staying busy! I also have Jolly Ranchers for when cravings hit. I figure by the time I finish the Jolly Rancher, the craving will be gone. I spent the weekend cutting down from a pack a day to 4 cigarettes a day. With encouragement from the people here, I threw the rest of my cigarettes away and am starting the first day of my smoke free life! Spend a lot of time on this site with everyone here and you will get all kinds of wonderful support. It is really amazing. You can do it! I believe in you!
0 Kudos