cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MistyNoMore

Fat vegan wanna-be rant

Hi! Not sure if this is appropriate for this section - tell me if it isn't - if we are supposed to be inspiring each other and not moaning & groaning...because I would like to start by moaning & groaning...

I want to be vegan for the animals! as well as for the health benefits for myself and for the planet.  I am pretty much stuck in a rut with eating and have been since Christmas - I think before Christmas I was 180 lbs - now am 186 - I eat beef/fish maybe 4-5 times per week - that is 1 x per day max and probably 2-3 days a week not at all - I eat fish &  local beef only...no chicken no pigs...except sometimes at farmer's market can get local $14 chicken...maybe once every 2-3 months I will have that...no factory farmed animals..and eat no dairy unless I go out and there's absolutely something wonderful - like chocolate pie - or just no choices except to have some feta cheese on a salad or something like that once in a while ...I do eat local eggs that are not factory farmed.

Boyfriend cooks - he is not digging the vegan life style - so pretty much stuck  at our compromise... as set forth above (yes this is the boyfriend who smokes and lies, if you have read any of my whiney blogs).  Only way for me to change is to start cooking...and telling him Here, take it or leave it...but I work full time & he doesn't work...so not fair if I cook...plus I hate to cook.

I thought so long as I exercised each day and did not snack after supper I would be fine - which is TRUE - but somehow every single day I have an excuse for snacking and not exercising - and when I say "exercise" I mean walk on the treadmill.  Just in a big fat rut.  I just need an attitude adjustment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShawnP

If he doesn't want to cook and you have to, i would say, "this is what i am cooking, take it or leave it" haha He will tire of it eventually and start cooking for himself. Tell him there is plenty of foods out there that all he has to do is pop in the microwave and push a few buttons LOL. 

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Hi Joan! First, why is he a kept man? 🙂

And another thing, who is paying for his smokes if he doesn't work? 🙂

Maybe you're not the one who needs the attitude adjustment? 🙂

Finally, he must be one hell of a cook! 🙂

0 Kudos
MistyNoMore

Hi Moody!

He's a sweet guy when he's not lying.  He is on disability and that pays for the smokes.  He's had a bunch of surgeries and his disability is because of his back.     He does the housework, yardwork & cooking, laundry, basically he does it all at home.  He can do things but just has to rest because of back pain.   I think he gets bored which triggers the smoking.   I think he's actually quit smoking again, I have seen no signs for a week or so.  We have been together since 1999. 

I had no snacks yesterday!! First day in forever.  I didn't walk on the treadmill tho, ended up with heating pad & TENS on my neck which made me very sleepy.  There's no heat in the treadmill room and I'm like "eh".  When it is normal and we aren't having polar vortexes I'm okay without the heat, otherwise - forget it.

I'm at work now and freezing.  I'm drinking diet dew instead of water.  I guess I could have tap water but it isn't as zippy as diet mtn dew!

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Hi Joan! Ok, now I understand! He's not just a boyfriend....he is with you for life!

A funny thing happened to me when I quit smoking, I quit worrying about stuff I can't control....sure does take the pressure off and lower the stresses in life.

0 Kudos