cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

finewine

Pay attention to what you eat

I quit on March 2nd and haven't had a puff since.  I just joined the group.  I've made it through two weekends alone and done fine.  It's been hard but I'm going to do it.  I don't have a choice.  The Dr. told me I have a moderate case of enphysema and if I quite it won't get any worse and may get a little better.  I want to live long enough to see my grandkids get married and have a family.

One thing I found was that I needed to think about what I had eaten if I had a severe craving after eating.  I discovered that I can't eat green onions or anything with vinegar (like salad dressing) or I want to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes.  It has really helped me since I started paying attention to my craving after I eat.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
eddieg121

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 99 POUND FOR POUND!

June 9, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

As I continue my journey I have made a few stops along the way,  I stopped to pick up a few pounds here and there. It was not a big surprise, I try to eat right and chew SUGARLESS GUM, And SUGARLESS candies.  That's all well and good but I also picked up a few lessons along the way.  I found that I was eating late at night, after eleven O'Clock. and then go back to bed. Sometimes I will get up at two or three in the morning, and make a sandwich.  This was some of the sametimes I would get up and smoke. Lesson I learned was to drink a glass of cold water before I went to bed,. Here's what's funny I don't be hungry, This nicotine addiction is so poewrful, It plays on the mind. I've traded food for cigarettes. So now I know where I am headed on the next leg of my journey.  More exercise, More water, eat in moderation, This will take a lot of work. But It will be DONE!  I charted all of my behaviors and this was my conclusion.  Smoking through eating will eventually happend. It's not what I eat, But How much!   GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 132 SMOKING = POOR CIRCULATION = THE BLUE PILL!!

July 12, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

I noticed something about my blood a few days ago, HOW CIRCULATION to certain parts of my body had returned. callouses on my feet which was very painful at times suddenly went away since I stopped smoking, I just realized this  today, I have not had any pain, and it went unnoticed for a while. I don't know exacxtly when the circulation returned to my feet , But it is amazing all this time I thought it was the shoes I was wearing, or  my job where I am on my feet the full 8 hours I am there.  the callouses are gone!!. Smoking also had a negative side affect on my sex life also. I'll just say The BLOOD is flowing  to all the right places.  Oh yes I am stating that not smoking has improved my relationship sexually. GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ANOTHER SMOKE FREE DAY.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 254 THE VISIT...

November 11, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

Today was another first for me.  Today I went to the doctor, and everything went well. I had a prostate exam which I get once a year, It's a visit that I wish on no man, But A necessary visit.  I got the results and they were good.  In previous years my doctor always tell me the same thing your'e in good health you need to stop smoking. I always said ok I will. So today he did'nt mention anything about my smoking, and that left me in shock! So I told him that I had QUIT and he was so excited!  And then he said the only reason he did not say anything is because I usually smell like I had just smoked, Which I did everytime I went to his office I would light up before I went in. And today I did'nt smell of smoke. I feel good. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ANOTHER SMOKE FREE DAY.

0 Kudos