cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

barbara16

New Quit--New Life...

I would love to be a part of October group!! This is my first day of my quit and hope to meet some wonderful caring people here. I relapsed in August buried my mother in September and now want to quit for good. Dedicating my quit to my mother who hated that I smoked. She also believed that I could not quit. I am strong like she was and know I can do this!! But I need YOUR help and support. See I can't go to group meetings because I can't drive due to my disability. So my puter is my link to freedom! It's great to be a part of this wonderful support group and forum..
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
beth24

Welcome Barb! My condolences on the loss of your mom. I'm sure she's so proud of you quitting as you should be of yourself for taking this courageous step toward freedom from a very nasty habit. You will succeed - you sound like a very determined person. This site will definitely help with that too. Everyone is very encouraging and supportive AND they know exactly what you're going through. I'm on Day 10 and don't think I would have made it this far had I not hooked up to this site and made so many wonderful friends. I'm very thankful for them and for you. ttyl. Peace
0 Kudos
rebecca14

Welcome Barb! I am glad you have found the strength to quit! This really is the place to go for support! If you need someone to chat with, I am here! Good luck and stay with it! Its worth it!
0 Kudos
susanj

My father died August 4th and I was still smoking up until this a.m. I used the excuse of his health situation for a year. We took care of him at home and I would come back from my parent's house and sit on the back steps at my house and smoke - sometimes cry. He's been gone since August 4th and I use any excuse to smoke. I'm sorry about your mother. I was a closet smoker and hid it from my father. I smoked my last cig. this a.m. It always made me feel like crap and I didn't enjoy it - so why - why was I continuing? It brought a certain comfort. Stay in touch - you can do this. I was on here before and quit watching the posts and keeping track of things. I think that is part of the reason I messed up. THere is always someone online. This is the way to go - you can do it -
0 Kudos
lee-ann3

Hi Barbara, I just joined this group and wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Quitting is a great way to honor her memory!

I quit on Friday Oct. 16 so I'm not that far along yet.... don't know that I have any great advice other than "hang in there" but what I can offer is support and encouragement to all... WE CAN DO THIS!!!
0 Kudos