cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

mark_m2

Week 1 of reducing my smoking

I hope to quit one day, but in the meantime, I'll have to settle for reducing my smoking. After smoking a pack a day for more years than I care to count, I've cut my smoking down by 60% (8 cigs a day instead of 20).
It has been a relatively painless process and I am looking forward to lowering my smoking further (or staying where I'm at, I feel better already).
Has anyone else had success with quitting by way of reduction?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
doreen1

Personally, I think that quitting by reduction is prolonging the agony. If you are only smoking 8 cigarettes per day, then you are just torturing yourself. It takes 72 hours to get all of the toxins out of your system from smoking. The rest is breaking the hand to mouth habit and relearning how to live smoke-free.

For every cigarette you smoke:

Photobucket

You are putting all of this into your body:

Photobucket

So, Photobucket.....Tell yourself: Photobucket
And just be done with it!! Photobucket
0 Kudos
mark_m2

I'm not so sure i'd call it *prolonging the agony*, maybe I'd call it *prolonging the pleasure*
0 Kudos
doreen1

Perhaps you're not REALLY ready to quit then, if you consider this "prolonging the pleasure". You are slowly killing yourself with every cigarette you smoke. It stinks, its messy - it yellows your teeth, stinks up your clothes, your car, your home, your hair, your body. Only YOU can make the decision to REALLY QUIT. No one can do this for you.

The lung on the left is probably what your lungs look like:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Click on This Link & Read My Story Is this really what you want to put yourself and your family through?
0 Kudos