cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zona

I hope this is the place...

Since this group is titled "support..." I'm going to ask for it here. I need it. I keep relapsing. I smoked today. I'm GREAT at quitting, it's the stayiing quit that gets me. When I go to bed tonight, I don't want to smoke again, ever. I need all your positive thoughts and prayers to help me with my conviction. I wlcome any and all advice, thoughts, kicks in the butt. whatever. Thanks.
Tags (1)
6 Replies
edith2

Zona, you are such an awesome lady and I just love your smile. You're still here and I'm so glad you are. He's another angle to look at smoking that might help you. I think one of the reasons I quit and stuck to it was because I've failed at so many things in my life. I failed at two marriages, a career, financial matters, and made some real bad choices in my life. I wanted to do one thing I could be successful at. I quit smoking. When I quit, I wanted it more than anything in the world at that time. I was willing to go to any lengths to get it. It is the one thing in my life that I failed at three times before and finally did it right. No one can ever take this away from me. It can't be reposessed, divorced, lose custody of, or expire. So in order to keep what I have, I have to give it away. I want to give this to anyone who will take it. It is the greatest gift I've ever given myself with God's help. Zona, all you gotta do it grab this and hang onto it for dear life. I still believe you can quit. NO ONE is hopeless. As long as they are alive. Michael is a winner and he's hanging onto every day he has left. You're not terminal yet. You have a choice today to take this gift.
tom10

Are you using anything to help, patch, chantix? I know the patch has helped me tremendously. I've quit cigs for 69 days, now, and haven't cheated once. Just have to tell yourself that it's not an option to smoke.
zona

I'm using nic gum. It helps, but I have to do it. Thanks for your support!
garnor

I have tried everything including gum, lozenges, hypnosis, substituting pot for cigs, meditation, everything except sewing my lips closed. The only thing that really helps me are nicotine patches. Gum never worked - tasted bad and screwed up my stomach. I know some people that have been successful with it though.

Hang tough and keep trying. 8 days for me and every day is a challenge but it is getting better.
zona

YEAH! Eight days is stupendous!!!
garnor

Tomorrow makes two weeks. I'm feeling better-not so explosive. I've quit many times before and I know that I have to be really careful not to relapse. It was a great sunset last night.Check it out.
0 Kudos