cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

fiveblessings

Today's the day

I have been trying to quit on and off since my dad died of lung cancer in 2001, but I always had excuses...I haven't smoked as long as most people I know (14 years), I'm too young to worry about that yet (38), it won't happen to me....what a load of baloney. I have 5 children whom I adore and I cannot fathom not being there for them. My youngest is only 3. I have no business taking my life for granted. Today is day one of the rest of my life. I have done it before, I can do it again. No excuses! Thanks in advance for the support. Quitting for our kids is worth it.

Leslie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
amy8

Leslie, Good luck. My father, as well, passed from cancer. You would think we would be smarter than this than to continue to smoke. It is kind of foolish..
It does feel great most of the time to say I beat it. And most moments I am glad I quit. you need a shoulder I am here. I wish you the best of luck on your smoke free life. You can do it. 5 kids how do you have time to smoke. HAHA.
~Amy aka Peanut
0 Kudos
havilah

Leslie, you can do it. I also am a smoking mom, currently on Chantix to quit. My 10 year old has been harping on me about my smoking for years and now he is watching his mom quit. It is such a powerful statement that we can make to our kids. Good luck and know that you can totally do this.

Havilah
0 Kudos