cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nicole5

Does it ever go away....

Technically I quit smoking on March 31st... But April 1st was the first full day of not smoking. It hasn't gotten any better...I still have major headaches...I've even cried just because I want a cigarette. I quit cold turkey...no gum no patch no tapering off... I tend to be a very stubborn person so I'm trying to use that as my strength for not picking up again. but the little voice is getting louder --- just one... it'll taste so good... your headache will go away... it's not that bad if you have just one....

😞
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nicole5

well my head still hurts daily... but i'm begining to think that it doesn't have anything to do with not smoking.... it's getting easier...
0 Kudos
dawna

hi nicole. i have quit cold turkey also, and it sucks. i am feeling your pain, but i know that you are stronger than the craving. dont give up!!!! i quit for 3 months last summer using chantix, and it wasnt any easier than cold turkey. the cravings do get less intense, the biggest thing is retraining your brain. i bought a treadmill (cheap from sears) and when i am home and want a cigarette, i spend 10 minutes on the treadmill. i have breathing issues from smoking (im 33) and 10 minutes is a good enough time for me to stop thinking about a smoke and to think about what my lungs feel like.
i know that you can do it, use your stubbornness to fight the little voice in your head!!!!
0 Kudos