cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michelle60

Sooo sick of smoking

Hello all,
I'm new here-I've tried many times to quit and nothing has worked. I feel like such a wishy washy weakling. These things have me so hooked. I don't want to smoke anymore but I feel like I have zero willpower. I don't want to die from this disgusting habit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
patti7

Hi Michelle. I'm fairly new here too and I feel just like you. I have also tried numerous times to quit and have failed miserably!!!! I am on another attempt to quit. It's been 2 weeks since I've had a cigarette. The support on here is amazing!!!! I am in a few different groups and it's great. I feel good that I've gone this long and every time I feel like I can't take it anymore I either come on here and read a few things or just think about this website. I know you can do this just like me. I am here if you need any support just like I'm sure anyone else. 🙂 Good Luck!!!!!
kuffs9855

I can understand that I tried SOOOOOOOO many times, I tried the patch (made my skin very angry), the gum (tasted nasty and did nothing, the lozenge so many times and finally I have 2 months smoke free and still am having issues yet the actual not smoking so great its just getting here. There is a way that works for you.
0 Kudos
halls

i am also new here.i've tried so many times to quit and never seem to stay quit.the damn things are already killing me with emphesyma and believe me when i say it isn't any fun! if you don't wanna d to take it one day at a time just as i am doing.good luck and i hope we both stay quit!
0 Kudos
dollarbill

What's up Michelle. I have started another quit. Hopefully my last. This site will help with your willpower. But we also have 2 make the decision not to do anything else 2 harm our bodies. So my ? for u is........" Do you want 2 die from this deadly habit"........I have decided the craves and the battle to get thru them are worth my Life. Yep.....Good Luck 2 you.
0 Kudos
Nkosazana

I'm still slipping a bit,but getting stronger since joinging Becomeandex.org.feels better already! cant wait to make it thru the day without a slip up.trying so hard to stay on track.ptsd nightmares are my trigger,but getting stronger and on the nightmare blocking medicine this week,to help me get my non smoking strengths UP..stay strong, fellow free from smoking-ers.

0 Kudos
Tabbiekat

You came to the right place, read, post and a few of the elders will be also giving you a welcome with some of the best reading material to get you going on the right path. I joined EX in September, quit on 10/17 slipped 10/30 so I reset my quit date to 10/31. I attempted to quit before, but did it on my own. I give this site full credit for giving me the tools to help me learn about my addiction to nicotine and the tools to help me quit. You and everyone else can do this if they choose. I even live with two smokers, one being my husband. It can be done. Years ago I resigned myself to quitting either when my husband did or 30 days after he died. He said he would, he chose not too, I still love him, but I am a non smoker and so grateful I am. Some days will seem impossible, but take it one moment at a time and just say NOPE- not one puff ever.

Welcome

Tabbie

0 Kudos