cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

Hey folks...

Yes my quit date was in March. I quit after my youngest daughter's birthday party. It was on the 15h so I guess the 16th is my quit date. I took Chantix for a few weeks. The dreams were awesome. I don't usually remember dreams, but these were so vivid and memorable, I could see missing having them.
I don't feel that the Chantix was really the thing that helped me as I didn't follow it correctly at all and I pretty much quit my saying "I don't need one right now" for a week, and then I threw away the half pack I had in my pocket and the full packs in the desk drawer.
You may or may not have read my own page, But I am trying to document my feelings fairly regularly. I'm not sure if that is for me or for the next guy who tries to quit, but somehow it is helping.
I made it past the three week mark, I think this it the one. Confidence is high, but I sure wish I would stop missing them.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bk-dave

So it doesn't any easier? I'm at the two week mark and I really miss my little buddies. I figured that if I made it two weeks it would be easy sailing. I found that eating cake works for me when I get a craving. Luckily I am one of those people that have a hard time putting on weight.

Good luck with everything.
0 Kudos
DOCmarkC

Easier every day.... I started paying attention to how often I thought of smoking. It is now over three weeks, and I have gone from more than I could possibly count, to More than I can stand, to more than I think is healthy, to "a whole bunch" and now I think about having a smoke maybe 15 times a day. Less than I used to actually smoke... by almost half.

At this rate if it keeps up. I should be thinking about cigarettes 2 or three times a day by June. After smoking for nearly 25 years, I think these few months of missing them may be annoying, but it is worth it and not too bad.

Please keep in mind, I am THINKING about them. even thinking that this moment is when I would kinda like to have one... But I am not stressing about it or dying to just Have ONE!!!!. Nope. At this point they are crossing my mind and passing on through.
0 Kudos