cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

What ever happened to all the March Exers?

I quit on the 16th of March. Amazing what real resolve does for you. All the times I quit half-heartedly... I didn't realize how half-heartedly until later. THIS is real resolve.
Did anyone who quit around the same time stay quit? I would like to hear from you. I want to know if I have any co-quitters at the same level as I am.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
stebunny

Hey DOCmarkC-
I quit March 8th- the day after my 30th bday and I have stayed quit- not one puff and believe it or not this time has been pretty OK. The beginning was rough but I have to thank Chantix for making it a little bit easier! So far so good- its getting easier and easier by the day. I know everyday is a challenge but I WILL DO IT this time and for good. I have too much life to give than to be worrying about where my cigarettes are, if I have enough for the evening, when I can smoke one next and so on and so forth- so much better now! Living it up! Have a good night and keep up the good work! 🙂
0 Kudos
tracy9

I quit March 7th and realize that I am not wanting a cigarette as badly as I thought I would. My life is the same......hectic, stressful, and wonderful but the cigarettes are no longer part of the equation. I want one every now and then but it passes. I know I could always pick up a pack and continue where I left off but why! I would have to start all over again and go through those horrible 3 days. NO THANKS

Good luck to you all . I can't believe it has been 156 days.
0 Kudos
pat12

Hi
i quit on March 26 and still going strong
glad u made it to
0 Kudos
stebunny

Hi Pat,
I quit 03/08/08 and I too am still going strong. Recently I have had to push myself a bit. Job stress etc but I know that I have kicked it and my desire NOT to smoke is higher than the desire to smoke again. This time definitely feels different and I love it! Congratulations to us- I know I should keep in touch more often 😉 Have a wonderful weekend! Stephenie
0 Kudos