cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

How can I tenderly suggest to my non smoking husband to talk about his concerns about me quitting smoking truthfully?

I think my husband has a lot to say, he's a non smoker, his mother died from cancer, she was a smoker, i have 119 hrs without a puff. but sometimes I think he just waiting for me to start smoking again. I don't know if I am just over analizing his responses and enthusiams to my high and low or I just wanting him to be apart of a major turn in my life with more input. help.
Tags (1)
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I know this is an old question and it didn't get an answer at the time but I think this is an important question. It would be great to hear responses from the community.  What's your take?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I think non-smokers don’t understand the addiction and that it’s even considered an addiction because they have never smoked. They think we should just be able to stop and just not do it anymore, like a bad habit. No fault to them.  Just like I can’t understand a heroin addiction because I have never done it. They do say quitting cigarettes is just as hard if not harder as quitting heroin.  I didn’t mention anything to any of my friends with this quit because I have said I was quitting so many times but would only last a couple days.  I think they  will believe it when they see it. 

0 Kudos

He understands what happened with his mother. He may not have much faith in you keeping your quit because of that association.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Just ask him Val.... he is your husband....and in AGAPE love with just you Val and ONLY YOU Val so TRUST YOUR HUSBAND LOVE FOR YOU VAL AND YOU ALONE Val and Yahoooooo for you Val.....CONGRATS 119 HOURS VAL B! WELCOME TO YOUR NON SMOKER LIFE STLYE and please keep coming BACK. 

0 Kudos

this really is an old post 10 years. 

0 Kudos