cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

Why do you think positive feedback is the importants of not taking another puff?

The Winnersonly group, help people stay familar and using relearn tools. All of us want a tool to use to help us not take another puff. Please help with you comments on anything you where challenged with and the tools you used to over come that trigger. I don't care if it was holding your crying grandchild to holding your mate. Just share, we are human and we need all the positve support we can get.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
cindy25

I am really happy to discover that i didn't need to smoke after dinner. I posted this somewhere else, but I used that smoke to "relax" and get some alone time.Just 15 minutes. I didn't like the suggestion of immediately getting up to do the dishes or making origami from a napkin - so I filled up a spray bottle with organic bug spray and headed out to the yard. Pulling the trigger repeatedly, walking around the yard by myself and enjoying the smells of outdoors really hit the spot. This is now my new "after dinner activity" and I feel really good about it. I am being positive discovering my inner motivations related to the smoke. A crave is a crave- but not all cigarettes stem from a crave. This is my new learning for the week 🙂
0 Kudos
cindy25

Yesh, Man THOSE BUGS ARE GOING TO BE SUCKING DEATH NOW ((( maniacal laughing )))......
0 Kudos
val_b

You are great, I like that, I'm lol and looking forward to doing some yard work (easy does it for me, just pull a weed or two) but yay for you.
0 Kudos
val_b

true a phone number is up close and personal, but most people run to the computer to blog, because it hard enough when your family look at your smoking from a negative view, and than to have a stranger judge you too. I think that I'm most comfortable blogging and getting all the support to not take another puff for now. So I will be strong and educated enough to be a good support friend , not just a hang out buddy, I got plenty of them that smoke. and I'm not strong enough to be around them yet and I know it.
0 Kudos
mark-michael

I used alot of quit buddies the first time I stopped smoking. Everytime I had the urge to smoke, I got online and asked for help. The response was overwelming. Soon after, the urge would stop- And I felt so good about myself.
I would tell myself that I was a non-smoker and forever I wanted to remain that way. I stopped for eight months, and when my doctor told me my heart was back to normal- I made the stupid mistake of starting again. My quit date is May 19 and I'm sticking to it- I'm looking to enlarging my vision by becoming a non-smoker. We have to concieve it on the inside. I own all my wrong thoughts, and smoking is one of them- For me, smoking will not be an option, I will look forward to the envision of my success as well as yours- Keep up the good work Val-
Mark
0 Kudos
val_b

I am accepting that I must do the work to fight the urges, I am believing with enough of doing what I enjoy doing in my life and educating myself about what a puff can do to me will help me fight the good fight of resisting the urges, and to renew my mind so I can count it a joy when the urges come, because that will let me know how committed I am to never taking another puff. ( almost 12 days without a puff).
0 Kudos
mark-michael

Thanks for the positive support!
0 Kudos