cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

Well... Still here.

Smoke free still.

Mark - Free and Healing for Twenty Four Days, 1 Hour and 7 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 2 Hours, by avoiding the use of 601 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $157.96.

Feeling better about it all the time. Only crossed my mind about 6 or 7 times today. This is getting better and better,
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Are you still using the medicine? I quit cold turkey 13 days ago and now im learning everything says to use some type of medication to help. Im trying to decide whether or not I should use one. I find that talking about it really helps. It is like validation you are doing something good. Im always saying how long its been since i quit but I make sure Im not rubbing in anyones face.
0 Kudos
elizabeth17

Congratulations to you, Mark!
Here's mine:
9 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes that I haven't smoked a cigarette
189 un-smoked cigs, saving me $35.00
AND I have added 1 day and 10 hours to my life!
Whew! anyone else?
0 Kudos
DOCmarkC

No. It was against the instructions, but I stopped all medications at the same time that I quit.
0 Kudos
rosa

I tried quitting last year using nicotine gum and the lozenges and just fooled my co-workers but not my kids or myself. I tried Chantix and it's working nicely. Of course the drug company recommends staying on it for 12 weeks, but I think I'll be just fine with 8 weeks. Good job guys, no meds so far, might as well stay no meds! You should be proud.
0 Kudos