cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

pam18

patch/copd/emphysema

I'm on the patch & have been having direct (side) effects heart palpitating, arm aches like it's dislocated, lungs feeling like i smoked a pack of cig. (still SUCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!! one a day), or they're trying to fold on me or bleeding. I'm ashamed to say been on patch approx. 6 wks, still @ 1 and feeling all effects. Sometimes i have leg ache, all depends on where i put patch.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pam, have you talked to your doctor about the side effects? Are those side effects that are supposed to be normal while using the patch? I never used the patch so I can't really help you. If you can't get to talk to your doctor, I'd definitely talk to your pharmacist. They often know a lot that the doctors don't when it comes to side effects and medicines. Whatever you do, talk with one of them soon. The heart palpitations sound concerning to me. And don't be ashamed to say you've been on it for however long even still smoking. This addiction is POWERFUL! Post here if you need help. Not necessarily this Club, I know this club isn't very active, but other boards, or the main board if you need help, either with questions about the patch or help with your quit or whatever.
0 Kudos
becka

It sounds like you may be experiencing an over dose try stepping the patch down ?
0 Kudos
sue5

Back when I had used the patch the joint pain I so do remember. Don't remember about the lungs, but do know I have been quit for almost 8months and still there are times I feel the heat of smoke still in my lungs.at times.
I had tried the patch my last to quits and I couldn't do it the patch burnt my skin so I honestly have to say it was not my last option. Hope I have helped.
0 Kudos