cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

pam18

side (direct) effects

I read an article not to long ago where Dr. was saying there is no such thing as side effects they're all direct effects. I don't know 'bout u but makes a lot of sense to me. Anyway, i've been experiencing a lot direct effects from them, one being heart palpitations. Anyone else?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
judy9

I use to get them too when I was on the patch. I thought it was just me. But now I see that it affects others as well. I thought I was just immagining that I was having them. I guess it turns out, I really was. According to what you just said. It does go away when you get off of them though. I DO know that because I haven't felt one of those in a long time. I've been off of the patch for probably a year now. I did the 3 step program. And I think after a while , you stop getting them when you cut down off the streignth. It's like a rush of nicotine that makes your heart feel like it flutters. It use to worry me but I knew a persons heart rate goes up every time we light up a cig. This is simular. but you should probably go see a doctor and have things checked out anyways, just for safety-sake,
0 Kudos
pam18

The response is very appreciated Judy. Thanx!!!
0 Kudos