cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Jules7

A.D. MAKES IT ONE GLORIOUS MONTH FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations girl I just knew you could do it!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Sylvia_Deitz

Congratulations, A.D.! Wow! 1 whole month smoke free. That's really an accomplishment worth shouting about for sure! I remember when you first started your quit. Now look at you. Way to go! Just keep on being strong and you'll soon be where it will be easier.
0 Kudos
barbara42

peac!
0 Kudos
hwc

Congratulations to A.D.

I really feel that one month is the most critical milestone. If you can get to a month, you've got all the tools to get to forever as an ex-smoker. It's still not easy as a month. There are good days and bad days, but it's still a long way up the mountain.

I have to confess that A.D.s quit has been fun to follow. I will never forget the week or so she posted while "preparing to quit". Studying her options. Trying to cut down. And then, if I recall, she just decided "to hell with all that, I'm quitting now!" and has never looked back.

I wish there were a way to bottle that mindset. Getting past thinking of cigarettes as some wonderful lifelong friend makes it so much easier to weather the tediousness of working through all the little triggers and urges that fill the first month.
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Great job A.D......You got it now...KEEP GOING!
0 Kudos
michele2

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A.D. KEEP ON GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
claudia2

A, D. One whole month. I knew we could kick it out, and we did. Bravo to you my friend!!

Congratulations

Congratulations | Forward this Picture
0 Kudos
carlie

...............and it gets better, and better...and BETTER !!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
sally3

0 Kudos
a.d.

Well this is just too cool, and very thoughtful of Jules. I see the people who stopped by and you are the ones who have informed me, encouraged me, and talked me off the ledge when necessary. hwc pretty much nailed it on the head. It was such an honor to log on and see this. Thanks, guys, I will keep going.
0 Kudos