cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bekki

Almost there...

I started EX about 4 weeks ago. I have been working though my steps.... including setting a QUIT Date. And in the meantime I had managed to cut down to 1-2 smokes a day. Then I got to a point where I could go an entire day without smoking! I really just didn't want to smoke! So I went ahead and bought the gum to help me get through the really bad cravings and go forward with quitting now instead of waiting.
Thing is, I am not really using a lot of the gum (just dont really need a lot during the day) but I have slipped in 2 smokes over the last 4 days because the cravings were so stong.
Now I feel like I might have sabotaged my own success because I tried to quit before my quit date. Did I? Is this normal? HELP!!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
andrea30

I don't think you sabotaged anything. You thought you were ready and gave it a shot. So you had a couple of cigarettes. That's over and you start working towards your quit day again, or set a new one if you need. I've tried to quit smoking so many times and didn't make it. I'm hoping this time it will work. I just started EX tonight to try and give myself a support network. I still need to work at setting a quit day and understanding my triggers. Atleast you have 4 weeks of practice in and that should give you a good base to give it another shot. Don't give up whatever you do. Giving up will just put you back all the way at the beginning.
0 Kudos
bekki

Thanks Andrea ;0) I will admit that I feel better about trying to quit earlier instead of waiting. I just really want it to work this time. In the past I have quit 2x... both for almost 24 months each time. A major trigger for me is environment/surroundings. And up until now, I was surrounded by smokers. Now that I have worked though the EX plan I feel much stonger, because I feel like I have the tools to work with now.
0 Kudos