cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tascha

I really need advice from a vet on this site

I have a MAJOR issue here.....I want to quit smoking....really really badly but I am afraid to gain weight. I am 5'6" AND 130lbs now. I have 2 daughters...4yrs old & 2 yrs old. I was 149lbs at the age of 18 when I got pregnant then I topped out at 194lbs right before I gave birth (i can thank hot dog shoppe's chili-cheese fries & banana milkshake for that) & i had to quit somking due to a car accident about 3 weeks before i found out that i was pregnanct. Then after a stressful day @ home w/baby when hubby came back from work I just had to have one before I ripped my head off. I smoked from that day until now. I even smoked about 3-5 cigs a day while prego w/my youngest &she was still 8lbs. I am afraid to gain ne more weight because I am finally down to my goal weight and got that way with no exercise or diet so i am afraid that its cuz of the cigs. Can ne one give me advice PLEASE?????
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
molly3

I have been quit for 1 Week, 2 Days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 14 seconds (9 days). I have saved $47.26 by not smoking 196 cigarettes. I have saved 16 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/11/2008 12:00 AM
It may be time to start exercise...I know my metabolism is way different with cigs than without-but now when I feel like smoking I either walk or do ab work or arms...trade the "bad" habit for a "healthy" one! I'm about your size but way older! My babies are 21 and 19-and weight gain has been my derail more times than I can count. I will not allow it to this time.
I wish you luck! It is a struggle-but when you decide to commit to quit it will happen! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
0 Kudos