cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

pam42

Smoke Free Since Nov. 22

I started Chantix last month, and have been smoke free since Nov. 22--I can't believe it.  I had the prescription for over a year before I had the nerve to take it.  I am on medications for depression, and the side effect warnings scared me.  But guess what, the only side effect that I'm having is stomach problems -- that I can deal with.  I never could dream before and now I'm dreaming--I love it.  I'm waking up feeling like I slept , which I never used to do.  I discovered this website by accident, and I hope it will offer support and others to talk to.  It's been tough because of the triggers that remind you it's time to have a cigarette, but I will not smoke again, and it's getting easier--I chew alot of gum.  I am an addict.  I smoked for over 40 years.  I quit one time for 6 years, and started up again because of stress.  I know I can't ever have a cigarette again, and that's ok.  Has anyone taken Chantix for the full 12 weeks, is it necessary to take it for this long?  I was wondering why the makers don't decrease the dosage as you get closer to the end of the 12 weeks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
spunkie

Pan my husband and myself took Chantix for about 80 days our Dr. said to talk it as long as you felt you need it and we tried to cut back and had cravings again so we kept taking it after the 80 days we have had no problems and love being smoke free.

Hugs stop by my page any time.

0 Kudos