cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mari2

Pregnancy = ??

It says all this stuff about patches & stuff to help you quit. But I don't think I'm supposed to use any of that during pregnancy. I know it should be easy & I should respect the baby, but it just hasn't been. & I restart within a week everytime. Does any one have tips on what to do?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
theodora

I have an 18 month old and I smoked the entire pregnancy, told everyone I quit, but didn't, begged God to make me stop, but nothing, though I greatly reduced the amount I smoke. My doctor knew I smoked, my doula knew I smoked, but no one else knew. I hide it well. This is really a discussion for your doctor, but i found different doctors believe different things. My doctor said no more than five a day, but there was no real evidence on smoking while pregnant. Many opf the reports I biased. Bu I was severly depressed when I became pregnant, and I became homeless while pregnant...a lot of bad stuff, but I made it through and you will too, don't beat yourself up. You're already proving what a good mom you are because you are here and looking for help.
0 Kudos