cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jessica50

I need Help

My husband and I are both smokers. He keep promising me that he will quit and we both tried to quit. I was actually doing pretty good with it until he gave up and started smoking again. And of course when he started again I started again too. I really want to quit. I am only 21 and I have been smoking already for 6 years. Smoking has started to effect my health and considering I already have other problems with my health I really need to stop smoking. But it is so hard to quit when my husband won't quit with me or even help support me in my quitting. Any help would really be appreciated.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AutumnWoman

Hi Jessica, just to let you know I am in the same boat. I am older than you, have smoked for 37 years. I have tried to quit numerous times before. I don't think I had the right attitude. I was waiting around for my husband to quit with me, and I used to fact that he wasn't ready to allow me to slip back into my smoking ways. Now it has gotten to the point where my health issues make it necessary for me to quit, no matter what he does. I think for a long time I felt deep down that we would leave this world together. Crazy, but that was the thought. Now I realize that I could have a stroke or heart attack at any time, as could he. The other person would be left to deal with the world on his/her own terms. I can't protect him, he can't protect me. In my fifties I'm learning to stand on my own two feet. We are each responsible for what we put into our bodies.