cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angel-d

Need a Quit Buddy

I quit on July 2nd and am looking for a quit buddy to talk to and go through this with someone. I have no idea if anything I am posting is going anywhere, but could use the help. Although my dog's name is buddy, he isn't that helpful in solving a lot of issues that would arise in the coming days and months.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
chrystal

If you want I will be your quit buddy....I am going through my second quit right now...my first quit date was 5/4/09 but I relapsed about 3 1/2 weeks in and I just started over on monday...I think alot to do with me relapsing is I really didn't have anyone to go to or go through this with me! If you need someone to vent to, cry to or just go to...I am an excellent listener!

Hope to talk to you soon!
0 Kudos
angel-d

Thanks Chrystal, please keep in touch... It hasn't been easy and I am trying to occupy my time with as many things as possible. It is always better to go through this with someone... As I said my dog's name is buddy, but that's all he can do is just listen, he really can't talk back, it stinks. Remember to stop yourself before you pick up a cig or stop at the local gas station. List your triggers and most importantly, seperate yourself from the cigarette.
0 Kudos
chrystal

Good morning....thankfullly I know what my triggers are. Coffee being one of them, but I am not ready to give that up just yet...I love my coffee so I just suffer through it!! LOL...and I live out in the sticks so me going to the local gas station is more like having to drive into town. Until I go back to school and my son goes back to school, I don't go anywhere much. (except for the grocery shopping)....but even then I won't get any cigarettes. I don't want to disappoint my family again most of me!!! Have a good day! If you need me I am here!!
0 Kudos
chrystal

Hey Debra I will be your quit buddy too!!! The more the merrier <-sp?...Anyway I think it helps being able to have someone you can "gripe" too who won't take it personally and and be sort of like a sounding board...so if you need that feel free to "gripe" away!!! I will listen!!!
0 Kudos
chrystal

Good Morning Angel and Debra...just dropping in to check on you see how you all are doing??!!!! Hope everything going well.....I'm doing good, yesterday was a little rough but I made it through it!! WOO-HOO...
0 Kudos
fityoganana

Hi Angel, Debra and Chrystal it's nice to meet all of you, Welcome to our wonderful community!! I would be honored to be one of your quit buddies!! I know the more support the better!! There are so many great people in this community that have helped me and are here to help us all!!! There are also many groups and member's pages with lots of important and useful info!!!
I quit June 15th and I have to admit it is not my first try however this will be my last time!!!
Come on over to my page anytime!!!
Many Blessings!
Fity
0 Kudos