gin

Not quite an EX yet...

Discussion created by gin on Jul 19, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 by angel6
Hi everyone! My quit date is July 28. I'm trying to set up everything so that I can SUCCESSFULLY quit this time.
I had quit for four years…and then a bombshell went off in my life – my husband left and filed for divorce. Well, I started smoking after that. That was two years ago. I’ve tried quitting half a dozen times since then but it hasn’t stuck. This time, I just need to quit. A few weeks ago, I came home after smoking & hanging out with friends. My chest felt heavy. I knew it was time to quit. I tried at least once to quit cold turkey, finished a pack and said that was it. Well, obviously, that didn’t last…at most it was a week smoke-free.
I’ve been planning this quit for almost a month now. I got my car detailed almost 3 weeks ago and haven’t smoked there since. That was one of my biggest triggers. Last weekend, I went to visit a friend who lives almost 45 minutes away. That drive was really rough without smoking but I survived so it’s definitely doable! I think I really have to gear myself for every challenge ahead or I’m destined to fail…and I don’t want to fail!
There are so many reasons for me to quit but a single thing that keeps me hooked.

Outcomes