cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sandi4

Single and smoke free!

Hi Everyone-.I haven't heard a peep since joining this group and thought I'd see how everyone is doing.

Two hours after I quit, I tried teaching my daughter how to ride her bike without training wheels. Well, after running along side her for about 10 minutes, I found myself sitting on the curb hacking and gasping for air. It was a mess. I hung in there for another 20 minutes but I finally had to call it a day because I could barely breath.

I'm 11 days smoke free now and looking forward to taking her out on that bike again this weekend.

All the best in your quits!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sandi4

Joni thanks so much for the support and the inspiration...102 day, wow! You're an EX for sure.

I look forward to that increased endurance. Being 45 with a 5 year old is tough enough. Doing it as a smoker was just stupid.
0 Kudos
carole_

Awesome Sandi! Keep it up. We can all learn to live life without smoking. As parents we have so much to live for, slow suicide isn't a good "long-life" insurance policy. I don't want my son to watch me gasp for air on an oxygen tank and leave the planet early because I wasn't willing to take better care of myself while here.

Congratulations for stopping now so you don't teach your daughter how to become an addict too. That was one of my biggest fears with my son.
0 Kudos