cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

debbie9

Help

I am determined to quit smoking but my husband is not helping. It is so hard when he is still smoking in front of me. He says that if I quit he will too, but I have to prove I can do it. I think this is really not fair. I do not think he will quit no matter what. And he has more health problems than I do. I guess I just have to seperate myself and what I want to do for me from his smoking. Any helpful ideas would be appreciated. This is my first day visiting this site and I really want it to work.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
amanda57

I don't have any helpful ideas but I can sympathize with what you are saying. My boyfriend has told me the same thing every time I try to quit. "You quit first, then I will" Sounds like BS to me too. Then when I fail to quit I almost feel like he is 'relieved' in a way. Like if I didn't hold up my end, he's not obligated to do anything different. I think you are right about seperating your need and and desire to quit from his personal demons though. You can only quit when your doing it for yourself and it's not fair for him to try and make you responsible for his bad choices. I'm sorry you are going through this and although I have no profound advice I am here if you need support or just someone who understands and is going through the same thing. I can offer these words of encouragement though...YOU CAN DO IT!!! AND THEN RUB IT IN HIS FACE THAT YOU ARE STRONGER THAN HE IS!!! haha LOL.
0 Kudos