cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracey2

Ooey gooey Sticky Buns

I adapted this recipe from a Bobby Flay throw down. Don't let yeast scare you. The hardest part of this recipe is cutting the dough.
1pkg dry yeast
1/8 c warm water
1 c scalded milk
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp butter
2 eggs
2-3 c flour
Soak yeast in warm water. Scald milk (I did this carefully in the microwave) and add sugar, salt and butter. Cool mixture until lukewarm. Add yeast and eggs to milk mixture. Gradually add flour using enough until you have a soft dough. Knead well. Place in a greased bowl and cover with greased saran wrap in a draft free place to rise. I let it rise till it is about double in size, maybe 1-2 hr.
Roll out dough on a floured surface into a large rectangular shape. Spread dough with soft butter and sprinkle with a combination of 1/2 c brown sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon. Sprinkle chopped pecans over this. Roll dough up using long edge. You may have to work from side to side as this may be a large rectangle and hard to roll all at once. Cut into 1" pieces.

Topping Ingredients:
2 c brown sugar
1/2 c margarine
4 tbsp honey
1/2 c water
chopped pecans
Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan. Allow this to slightly brown as it will give it a caramel flavor.
Add the remaining ingredients except pecans and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan. If you don't feel this is enough syrup make another batch or half it. The more syrup the gooeyier the rolls. Sprinkle chopped pecans over this. Place the dough rolls onto the topping and let rise for 1hr. Bake at 375 for 15-20minutes or until test done. Immediately cover with cookie sheet and flip. Scrape any remaining syrup out of pan and drizzle over rolls.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
debbie53

I'm going to try this one. I don't see the word Knead anywhere! LOL
0 Kudos